This is a 50% scholarship of the first year's accommodation boarding fee at St Patrick’s College Boarding Hostel (Redwood House). This is for a Year 9 International Student, based on the 2024 Boarding Hostel fee this equates to NZ $8,790 for the full year. The scholarship is applied as a discount.
1. Provide a copy of the student’s passport including the passport number and expiration date.
2. Complete the International Student application of enrolment form, include a copy of the student’s vaccination certificate, digital passport-sized photograph of the student, the student’s last two school reports, translated into English.
3. Student is to write a hand-written letter introducing themselves, their reasons for choosing our school, outline their aspirations, suitability, and detail their involvement in extracurricular activities.
4. Supplementary materials supporting the application, such as recommendation letters or certificates, are welcome.
5. Forward all documentation, along with the enrolment application, to the International Director at email@example.com by February 28, 2024.
1. Accept the offer of place and scholarship within the stipulated deadline in the letter of offer.
2. Provide insurance policy details, translated into English if arranging their insurance, before departure.
3. Obtain any necessary visas.
4. Commence studies at St Patrick’s College Silverstream at the beginning of Term 3, 2024, or earlier date if mutually agreed.
The application process timeline is as follows:
1. Communication will be sent to all applicants confirming receipt of their application and the progress of their application.
2. Shortlisting for interviews is set for February 29th, 2024 with online interviews scheduled between March 4th and March 6th 2024. These online interviews, lasting approximately 30 minutes, will be with the Student and Students Parents meeting with the Rector or DeputyRector and Director of International Students.
3. The school reserves to right to commence interviews earlier than the closing date.
4. Applicants not shortlisted or already interviewed will receive notification accordingly.
5. By March 8th, 2024, the scholarship recipient will be informed, and an offer will be extended. The runner-up will also be notified, with the potential for the scholarship if the initial recipient declines the offer.
6. Unsuccessful students who were shortlisted will be contacted and subject to availability be offered a non-scholarship placement.
The recipient winner of the scholarship will be determined by the Rector (Principal) at St Patrick’s College Silverstreamand will be based on:
1. Student meets eligibility and application requirements.
2. Students fit with academic perseverance criteria: an all-around international student who demonstrates active participation in extracurricular activities and diligence in their academic results.
3. Students handwritten letter and online Interview.
4. School reports
5. Any other supporting documentation.
This Scholarship equates to a 50% discount on the School Hostel fees for 12 months. School hostel fees include meals and laundry.
If you have any questions please contact Maria Tough, International Director firstname.lastname@example.org
+64 4 939 4224
Office Hours8.00am - 4.00pm
207 Fergusson DriveSilverstream, Upper Hutt 5018WellingtonNew Zealand
Ngākau PāpakuHumilityLoto Maualalo