Come and give boarding a try for a night!
ROUND 1: Monday 22 May / Tuesday 23 May / Thursday 25 May
ROUND 2: Tuesday 6 June / Wednesday 7 June / Thursday 8 June (Year 7's welcome)
What to expect for your Try Boarding Evening
Your son is to arrive at the front of the Boarding School at 5:00pm on your confirmed evening. He will then experience an evening as a boarder and the following day he will shadow one of our Year 9 boarders throughout a typical school day. You can pick your son up any time from 3:00pm - 4.00pm that afternoon. Please see a more detailed programme below.
If you are new to the College and would like a tour then please meet at the Boarding School at 4:30pm.
Programme - Day 1
- 4:30pm to 5:00pm - Boys arrive at the Boarding School, unpack and set up beds
- 5:30pm - Dinner
- 6:15pm - Night Prayers in the Chapel
- 7:00 to 8:00pm - Study
- 8:15 to 9:00pm - Free time, access to the gym, and supper
- 9:00 to 9:15pm - Bedtime prep, all electronic devices handed in
- 9:15 to 9:30pm - Quiet time and reading
- 9:30pm - Lights out
Programme - Day 2
- 6:45am to 8:00am - Breakfast and prep for the day, pick up your son from the Boarding House if not attending the day school
- 8:45am - Tutor Time / Ranks
- 8:45am to 3:00pm - OPTIONAL Your son shadows a Year 9 boarder through a typical school day. (Morning tea and lunch provided). If you do not wish for your son to stay for the day, please pick him up at 8.00am.
- 3:00pm : 4:30pm - Pick up your son from the Boarding House
What to bring with you
- Their current school uniform
- What they would normally need for a typical day at school, including a reading book
- Two towels
- Gym shoes
- PE Shorts and T Shirt
- Pyjamas or suitable equivalent
- Change of clothing
- Warm jacket
- Sleeping bag or duvet, fitted and top sheet
- Drink bottle
If you would like to secure a spot on one of the Try Boarding evenings please fill in this google form.